So no needles……..
No need for a Therepeutic Use Exemption, and it won’t interfere with any medications you may be taking
We do recommend you leave 24 hrs before returning to activity for best effect, but you could return to sport/work right away. With less pain.
NO waiting lists
We have morning, evening, daytime and weekend appointments.
Sometimes same day
Your pathway to painfree tendons starts here
How does shockwave therapy work?
- Release substance P, a pain mediator and growth factor. This has both a pain relieving effect, and dilutes the blood vessels, to stimulate circulation and contributes to formation of new bone tissue.
- Inhibits the cox II enzyme, to reduce inflammation
- Hyperstimulates nerve fibres, blocking an increase in pain stimuli, and intensifies the pain relieving effect through gate control
Shockwave therapy can be used to treat
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Medial tibial stress syndrome (shin splints)
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow
- Greater trochanteric pain syndrome
- Osgood Schlatter disease
- Calcific tendonitis
How much is it?
Most conditions need 3 treatments for best results.
All 3 treatments, including the assessment, will cost £200 per area treated.
Does it work?
Shockwave therapy has a 70-80% successrate.
I've heard it's Painful
We’re not going to lie, shockwave therapy can be uncomfortable.
Most people find the treatment gets less painful as it progresses.
The upshot is, most people have pain relief immediately after the first treatment
Is Shockwave therapy for me?
Most people can have shockwave therapy.
However, you can not receive shockwave therapy if you
- Are Taking blood-thinning/anticoagulant medication such as warfarin
- Have had a steroid injection in the affected area in the last 6 weeks
- Are under 18 (except for Osgood Shlatter’s diseas
- Are pregnant
Here at Shockwave Therapy Cardiff we are very pleased to use the Swiss Dolorclast Master shock wave machine to deliver Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT). This is the Machine used to set the NICE guidelines, and most of the evidence around Shock Wave Therapy has been undertaken using the same machine as we use right here in Cardiff.